The Celtic Cross spread is probably the most popular spread in use today. It is intended to shed light on many aspects of the querent’s life. To use this spread, concentrate on a question to put before the cards and then click below.
- The Significator represents you and your current state of being.
- The Crossing Card denotes that which opposes or influences you.
- The Foundation card addresses the origin of your question.
- The Recent Past represents past events and concerns.
- The Crown addresses issues that are significant in the present or may come to pass in the future. This card foretells future events which you may or may not occur, depending upon how you respond to the present situation.
- The Future depicts that which lies ahead.
- Emotions card signifies the current state of your emotional self.
- External Forces represents the influence of others in your life as well as trends in your relationships with others.
- Hopes and Desires stands for the hopes and desires you have for the outcome of your question.
- The Outcome is the ultimate outcome of your question. Remember the future is not predetermined. Interpret this card in the context of the entire reading and as an indicator of the path you are currently on, but not bound to it.
Bhadro, I appreciate your question. There are virtually hundreds of ways to “read the cards” in order to get the answers you seek. There is no “right or wrong” way, no “perfect” spread – spirit knows what you seek and will provide the answers no matter how you lay out the cards – just quiet your mind and listen to your voice within.
Thank you for your site and the detailed explanations of individual cards. I have always used the Celtic cross as a spread but the signifier in my way is covered with a card and then crossed with another, thus there are 11 cards in a reading rather than 10. Is this wrong? Cheers Bhadro